Sunday, January 31, 2010

Whipped Mascarpone and Cream Cheese topping



This topping is absolutely superb!! It goes well with a long list of things. Fresh fruit is what I put it on top of but you can also top your French Toast with it, top cobblers and pies with it, and even use it to top a yummy sundae.

4oz Mascarpone Cheese
4oz Whipped Cream Cheese (I just buy the container of pre whipped stuff)
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2-4 Tbsp Sugar

First you want to whip the 2 cheeses together. I like to do this before adding the spices and sugar because it makes it easier to mix them in. So I use a small mixing bowl and a wire whisk. You can also use a whisk attachment and a stand mixer or if you have a wire whisk attachment for your hand mixer that will work as well. Place your heavy cream, mascarpone, and cream cheese into a bowl and whisk vigerously with the wire whisk. Once you have whipped the items you can then whip in the vanilla extract.

*Note* If you're using a stand mixer you can use the 2-3 speed setting (I have a kitchenaid and this is the setting I'd use)

Now you can mix in your dry spices. Using a spatula I like to fold the cinnamon and nutmeg into the mixture. It ensures that you're not over mixing the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment