Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cucumber and Dill sour cream dressing



So the husband isn't home right now so that means my culinary skills get to run wild. I am a HUGE fan of wraps. I think it's a delicious meal and a great dinner. Tonight I made turkey wraps with arugula and goat cheese. The dressing I made was a delicious cucumber and dill sauce. It's much like the greek sauce you find on Gyro's except instead of yogurt I used sour cream. Here's the basic recipe:

1/4 of a cucumber peeled and cubbed
Small container of Sour Cream (I use the smallest and light as a healthy alternative)
3 sprigs of fresh Dill
pinch of salt

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. The longer it sets the better the flavor though.

For alternatives try celery instead of cucumber, celery seeds, paprika, garlic powder, and/or fennel seeds crushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment