Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mascarpone

I was at the commissary yesterday wandering around trying to get inspired on what to cook and I came across marscarpone cheese. I've never worked with it before but I've had it a couple of times. I got super excited and decided I wanted to try it out and do a dish with it. I picked up all sorts of fresh fruits and some cream cheese and decided I want to make a whipped marscarpone and cream cheese topping for the fruit. I'm so super excited about it.

After doing some searching for some good recipes to inspire me I found an interesting fact that I never new before. Mascarpone is actually used in making Tiramisu. I never knew that before today. Mostly because I'm not a tiramisu person...I just don't typically eat sweets and it's a little sweet for me. I've never tried to make it before either since my husband is the only one who would eat the stuff. It's interesting how you can learn new things everyday. Especially when it comes to cooking.

The fruits I picked up include raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, some peaches, and a couple of GORGEOUS pears. I'm going to put the peaches and pears together and the berries together. Maybe throw some pears in with the berries? Not too sure yet but I'm super excited about this. I'll let you all know how it goes and post the recipe when I'm done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment