Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lime Cilantro Chicken


So I'm at home for dinner tonight. I really didn't want to make a huge dinner tonight so I thought about something I could make for just me. So I came up with Lime Cilantro chicken for 1. This recipe is for just 1 chicken breast so remember that when you make it.

1/2 tsp Adobo
1 large pinch fresh cilatnro
pinch salt & pepper
1 tsp concentrated lime juice or juice from half a fresh lime

I placed the chicken breast in a frying pan with roughly a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. I then drizzled the chicken breast on both sides with the lime juice and then sprinkled the dry seasonings on top. I placed the cilantro under the chicken breast (between the pan and chicken breast). I then cooked each side for about 8 minutes. The breast was small that I cooked so remember that for a thicker breast you'll need more time. After the 1 side is cooked I then threw the charred cilantro out and let the other side cook. I let it rest for a minute before plating it as well. :)

For sides I pared it with some steamed squash with a garlic herb butter and some pasta salad (my trusty fall back side dish).

No comments:

Post a Comment