Tuesday, December 8, 2009

From the beginning

So I figured I should give all of you a little background about me. I'm 25 years young and been cooking since I was 8. Everything I've learned I've taught myself. I'm far from your classically trained professional chef. I cook for the enjoyment of it. Cooking is my escape from the real world.

The real world is so full of uncertainty, hate, and foolishness. When I cook everything is opposite. Flavors meld together. The spices individually may be good but when you put them together properly they create a perfect harmony. You can rest assured that if you add basil to tomatoes the taste will be amazing. The spices flavors on their own never change. They never falter. Basil will always taste like Basil.

Cooking has always been my passion and I hope that by creating this blog I can help other people enjoy it as much as I do. Cooking can be fun and enjoyable if you make it your own. Test things out. Experiment. Play with flavors. You won't always have a winner. You will burn things sometimes. But that's all part of learning to cook. Trust me. I've burnt my share of dishes in my life time. I've also cooked things that ended up tasting awful. If this happens don't beat yourself up. Just remember that even the best of chefs have made bad dishes before and have burnt something.

So here's to a new journey! Here's to learning new things.

Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment