Sunday, December 27, 2009

Excuse my absence

I feel terrible that I have neglected this blog the last few weeks. The holidays crept up quicker than I was anticipating and before I knew it we were on our way to FL for a green Christmas with my in-laws. I haven't forgotten about you but I just haven't had the time to sit and make an entry lately.

I've cooked up a couple of amazing dishes since my last post. I believe my last dish I made and posted about was Chicken Marsala. I've since tried my hand at (and mastered if I do say so myself) Chicken Scaloppine. It turned out so amazingly well that it's going on my list of dishes I'm making quite often. I used a Moscato wine for the sauce and I think the sweetness of the wine worked well together with the acidity of the capers and earthy tones of the mushrooms. It was quite a delight. I've also mastered the bechamel sauce quite nicely.

For Christmas dinner I took it upon myself to cook for my husbands entire family minus one. That's 14 people I had to cook for. I made Chicken Marsala which has quickly become my new favorite dish to make (I lie...I still adore my arroz con pollo). The menu was Chicken Marsala, Steamed green beans with a garlic bechamel sauce over top, and my oh so lovely honey glazed carrots with some nice yeast rolls of course! (You don't have to ask for I will not lie...the rolls were totally store bought and not made from scratch. I don't have my stand mixer so I'm not about to take it upon myself to make a bread from scratch HAHA). It was so incredibly delicious however I do think that my first one turned out better. I couldn't find the same brand of wine here so I had to go for a different brand which was sweeter so of course the dish came out a little sweeter and less earthy than the first. I also think that it might have had something to do with cooking it in such a large amount.

I'm pleased to announce that for Christmas my oh so amazingly awesome husband bought me the slicer/shredder attachment for my kitchen aid stand mixer (that was also a gift but I got to open it almost a month early hehe). I'm so incredibly excited and stoked to get home and whip out a dish using it. Slicing veggies is one of my most dreaded kitchen tasks - only second to dishes.

I can't think of anything else I've cooking new since my last entry but I'll come back if I can remember anything. My honey glazed carrots recipe will follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment