Friday, February 26, 2010

Salmon Crab Cakes

1/3-1/2 cup of Yellow Corn Meal (depends on how much filler you like and you can use italian bread crumbs instead)
1 can of white crab meat
1 can of Bumble Bee boneless skinless pink salmon
pinch each of salt and pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp onion powdery
1/2 tsp of garlic powder (or 1/4 tsp minced garlic)
1 egg

I just combined everything in a bowl, mixed it with a spoon. Then spooned the mixture into my hand.

I cooked the cakes over medium heat in a skillet for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Just long enough to brown them.

Then I popped em into a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes and finished the cooking process. There's not a whole lot of "cooking" persay other than the egg and cornmeal. You can substitue bread crumbs. That's totally acceptable.

I've got pictures of the step by step process that I PROMISE I'll upload tonight. I swear. I really will!!! As well as some pics of other things.

As for sauces. This is GREAT with ketchup. Like that's all I use. But you can use cocktail sauce, tarter sauce, or anything else of the likes. It's also SUPERB drizzled with a garlic bechamel sauce. I like to put them over a bed of lettuce and fresh sliced tomato when I do the bechamel sauce though. Makes it SOOOOO good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment